Split air conditioner comprises of two parts: the outdoor unit and the indoor unit. The outdoor unit, fitted outside the room, houses components like the compressor, condenser and expansion valve. The indoor unit comprises the evaporator or cooling coil and the cooling fan.
- Lower Noise and Vibration Level
- Requires only a hole on the wall for piping
- One condensing unit can supply up to four indoor units
- No duct work
- High Cost
- Availability of installer
Split Indoor Unit
The indoor unit of the split AC is installed inside the room that is to be air conditioned or cooled
It contains the Air Filter ,Evaporator ,Expansion Valve/Capillary ,blower fan ,thermostat ,synchronous motor ,louver blow and the main electronic controls.
It comes in different sizes according to its capacity.
SPLIT INDOOR INSTALLATION
- Locate installation wall where air flow distribution will be maximized. Keep it away from any heat source.
- Drill a 65mm Pipe hole on the wall slightly slanting direction. As shown.
- Attach Indoor installation plate on wall as shown
- Mount the Indoor unit as shown.
- Ensure Drain pipe insertion into Pipe Hole.
INDOOR PIPING & WIRING
- Open Indoor Unit control Box.
- Connect 4 wire cable from outdoor unit as shown.
- Tighten and secure cable terminals.
- Ensure that Indoor unit wire color and terminal numbers correspond to Outdoor terminal numbers .
- Re-Install Terminal Cover.
- Connect Suction and Discharge pipes to Outdoor unit.
- Tighten fittings
- Power ON ,Test remote control switch
The Split OUTDOOR UNIT
- The OUTDOOR unit of the split AC is installed outside the room .
- It contains the Condenser , cooling fan ,compressor , and control assembly
- It comes in different sizes according to its capacity.
SPLIT OUTDOOR INSTALLATION
- Choose the best place to install the outdoor unit.
- The outdoor unit’s location needs to be away from any heavily trafficked, dusty or hot areas.
- The outdoor unit needs 12″ of space surrounding its perimeter to ensure proper functioning.
- Provide rigid supports when mounted on walls, roof and concrete base if mounted on floor. Secure base plate with anchor bolts.
SPLIT AC PIPING
- Drill 65mm hole on the wall left back side of Indoor Unit.
- Measure distance between Indoor and outdoor. Prepare piping set or copper tubes Dia. 6.35mm x 0.8mm thickness (Discharge Pipe) and Dia.12.7mm x 1.0mm thickness (Suction Pipe).
- Cut measured length ,clean and flare both ends.
- Sleeve Insulate Suction pipe and Discharge pipe with 10mm thick PE insulation.
- Bundle Insulated Suction Pipe and Discharge pipe with duct tape.
- Air purge pipes , Connect to Indoor and Outdoor passing thru the 30mm wall hole.
- Tigthen fittings and evacuate .Leak test
- Evacuate to -76mmHG vacuum.
- Add refrigerant at 40g X (Pipe Length-30)