Usually transparent glass is not used as ceiling as it contradicts the very idea of false ceiling- to hide from viewer’s eye
Thus glass used in ceiling are treatment glass such as frost glass, back painted , stained glass , mirror etc.
- Creates the illusion of depth, it makes the room visually higher.
- Resist moisture and temperature fluctuations .
- Suspended glass ceiling with stained-glass panels can be decorated with the image , ink jet or sticker on the top of transparent glass.
- Hard and brittle to cut .
- Suspended glass ceilings are quite heavy compared to other ceiling materials
- Most dangerous if glass tile breaks during work
- Not advisable in earthquake prone areas . Its not easy to maintain
Method of fixing the glass ceiling :
- Step 1:- Fixing the framework directly to the beams or plaster ceiling.
- Step 2:- Fixing suspended framework to a plastered ceiling.
- Step 3:- Fixing vertical struts to support
- Step 4:- Fix a play on that frame structure.
- To get a natural lights all day.
- In some country to get a heat of sun light glass ceiling also helpful