the following are advantages and disadvantage of star network topology :
advantage of Star network Topology :
- New stations can be added or moved easily and quickly.
- A single cable failure won’t bring down the entire network.
- It’s relatively easy to troubleshoot.
And here are the disadvantages to using a star topology:
- The total installation cost can be higher because of the larger number of cables, even though prices are becoming more competitive.
- it has a single point of failure—the hub or other central device.